Wednesday, August 1, 2012

You know what? Today is a new day...

...and I'm going to act like it.

I have a tendency to linger in past mistakes, decisions, and memories way too long. You might be able to relate. I analyze and dissect situations until I think everything is worked out. It is part of what makes me a good leader and sometimes frustrates those of the less patient persuasion. I have been like that all my life. Never wanting to make a mistake but when I do, beating myself up for not taking more time or not doing enough research or not talking to God enough. But you know what?

I am tired of it.

I don't want to linger in the past. I don't want to make sure that everything is handled before I step out there. I want to trust that God is going to let me in on the secret when I am good and ready. I know that I have a rough past few years that I need to deal with and talk about, but I also need to keep in mind that I have a wonderful future ahead of me. I know it's not the one I planned but I am just going to have to get used to it.

Today is a new day. With new possibilities. I'm going to enjoy it.

Peace,
Celisse

No comments:

Post a Comment